Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas week

Merry Christmas Everyone!

My week was great, it was awesome to feel the Christmas spirit everywhere!
Everyone was friendly and willing to listen to our message!  It was great!!!
Tuesday we visited some less actives and gave them homemade cupcakes that we had made for them!
We also visited the retirement home and visited an amazing member of the church!  She is 98 years old and has the strongest testimony of the church I have ever heard.  We brought one of our less active recent converts with us to visit her and it really made him stronger as a person and strengthened his testimony! He is now on a mission to get permission to take her the sacrament! So hopefully one day soon he will be able to get the priesthood!
 
On Christmas day we went to district meeting, it’s always nice to be spiritually fed, the zone leaders had some very inspired things that they said that really touched me on such a special day, as Christmas!
I had the wonderful opportunity to talk to my family!  It was so great! I loved to see them and hear their voices and bear my testimony both in English and in Portuguese! I can feel that my testimony has grown so much when you compare it to before my mission and now almost 6 months into my mission.   I can hardly believe it has been that long!  Time is just going by so fast it scares me!
The rest of the Christmas was interesting, we got food poisoning and we were out of commission for the rest of the day.

We went out for a little bit on Thursday and we found 2 new investigators!  One was an accident we were trying to contact a less active who came to church that last Sunday, they had no record of her, but she had given us the wrong number, but the apartment we did knock on, turns out to be this man that just lost everything and is looking for a religion!!!  So awesome!!

We also contacted a referral that we got from a street contact that also became a new investigator, but she gave us him, he is really depressed and he asked, “Can the thing that you claim to have really change my life?”  I was able to testify that I know that this message of the gospel can bring happiness and change his life for the better!  He wants that!  So cool!
We had exchanges on Friday!  I was able to go to Ventura!  It was so cool!  We did service for this lady that has alpacas!  Those are some interesting animals, she is a little bit of a hoarder and wanted us to help her clean out her soap barn (where she makes soap) after we had gone about half way through the barn, we got to share a message.  She was a former investigator and did not quite understand why she needed this gospel.  Sister Stoker and I explained what our purpose as missionaries are and how Satan tries to blow us down and if we don’t have a firm foundation in Christ, Satan will more easily have control over us.

Sunday was good, our street contact that we actually invited to church came! It was so awesome, we had no idea!  She loved it.
This week has gone so great!!! I love it here in California and I just love seeing the growth in this area!
Hope you all have a wonderful year!!
Love you all
Sister Mady Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment