Monday, April 7, 2014

April 7th 2014

Hi all!
So this week was super good and very productive!

Transfer update I’m staying in Simi Valley and my new companion is Sister Mason, we were in the same apartment my first transfer so we know about each other and it’s going to be awesome.
This transfer has been super crazy but good! Really good so many ups and downs the lord is defiantly molding me into who he wants me to be and who he knows I can be!

On Tuesday we taught the sister who has the retuned missionary son.   It was so good!  We read with her in first Nephi and the spirit was so strong!   It is so cool, that as you use the book of Mormon it just invites a spirit that I cannot describe, it is amazing and I think she felt it a lot that time as well.

We were able to teach another lady about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  She is Jewish and very firm that she always wants to stay Jewish even if she does convert to the LDS faith.  She loves the idea of the Holy Ghost.   I find that that is the case a lot of the time with the people that I teach, once they find out about the Holy Ghost they want it so bad!  It’s so cool!  I love that with this gift lives change!

We found a new investigator, we were able to teach him the restoration on the doorstep and he loved every minute of it!  We got a return appointment and he is really excited to learn more. He loves movies he was telling us that his favorite movie is the Ten Commandments.  We have decided to use a lot of videos as we teach to kind of illustrate our point. I can’t wait; it will be so fun to teach differently.  His enthusiasm is so catching.

We decided to do this thing of planning to knock two hours of each day.  The cool thing is we are always teaching lessons as we knock, people are truly interested in what we have to say which is super cool and makes it easier to go out and knock hour after hour, day after day!

Conference was so freaken awesome!  I felt like President Dieter F. Uchtdorfs was talking right to me! I have been working on the things he was talking about and it just kind of confirmed everything I have been feeling!  I love Elder Holland’s talk! I’d like to think that I would be as courageous as those sister missionaries but I don’t think I could of done what they did, they are truly amazing! Defend your faith, defend it!

We taught a really good lesson with our investigating couple, they are so sweet!   It’s crazy how the lessons that we spend reading the Book of Mormon are the most powerful! It was amazing and then they came to the last session of conference on Sunday and it confirmed all the feelings they were having they loved it! They are just amazing!
We taught another really awesome lesson to one of our investigators. The lesson was the gospel of Jesus Christ, so good! She loved the simple steps of following the gospel and its going to be really good, as we continue to teach her!

I am so glad for such a good week !!!!

I hope you all enjoyed conference! I truly want to hear what you all are studying in preach my gospel!

This week I am studying teaching skills! I am really paying attention asking questions!!!! Please write and tell me!

I love you all and hope your having a great week!

Sister Mady Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment