This week was really good!
Some of the highlights this week: Our investigator Ximena, who we have just been doing FHE with agreed to take the lessons! YIPPY!!! Sister Hiatt and I have been praying on how we can approach her and ask if she would like to take the lessons, and it kinda just happen! So now we are meeting with her 2 times a week, one at a member’s home for a lesson and another time at her home for FHE it’s so great! I love the spirit she brings to us!
We had a relief society dinner on Thursday and all of our female investigators came! Including a former investigator that we invited and she now wants to continue learning more!
Again it was a good week! Sister Hiatt and I are getting along very nicely we are finding new people to teach and working really, really hard!
We have been doing the 12 days of Christmas for our investigators and less actives! We printed a bunch of inspiring quotes from my mom’s package that she sent me, and on Christmas day we are going to show up to their houses with the last card and cupcakes! We think it will really strengthen the faith of the people we visit!
I can’t believe I have already been out on a mission for almost five months it is so crazy!!!
I truly, truly love this work and the spirit that is with me always!
One of my favorite things this week was on Sunday when Ximena said she loves this church and loves the spirit of this church. She said she feels so much better going to this one instead of the catholic one :).
We also met the man this week his name is Cameron, we just knocked on his door and he answered, he has friends that are Mormon so he knew who we were. We taught him the restoration right on his door step, the spirit was so strong. He did tell us that he was a waste of time, he has had a bad life so far, he made the wrong kind of choices. He is open, he listens and he felt the spirit! We gave him a book of Mormon... I don’t know why but this man and his story and how he responded and reacted to our message built my testimony so much! We asked him what he sees in his Mormon friends that is different from his other friends and he said, "they are always happy"!
It’s so true we have an amazing thing going for us! This is the true church! I know and believe this to be true, and it does bring happiness, true Happiness! I hope one day he will except the gospel into his life and be truly happy: )!
I am enjoying the Christmas season. Who wouldn’t enjoy teaching about Christ during Christmas Time? I love that my life right now is so focused on our savior and his teachings and his church.
My mom sent the 12 days of Christmas to us and it is the highlight of our evening, all four of us look forward to 9:30 we gather in the living room and read the Christmas story and the scripture and then we open the treat that goes with the story. So FUN! It brings a sweet spirit into our apartment. One of the sisters in our ward brought us a real tree with lights it’s fun to have something Christmassy around to help us remember the season.
Thank you for all your support!
I love all your letters!
Sister Proctor
No comments:
Post a Comment