This week was a great week!
On Tuesday we had the opportunity to teach one of our investigators, he was a do not contact for 6 months. He told us Tuesday that he is ready to come home and be baptized! He wants to take the fast track, he is ready now! All he has to do is quit smoking; he has been Smoke free for 12 days now!! This is the longest he has ever been able to go without a cigarette. It’s amazing to see when people are truly ready to receive the gospel; they let it change their lives! He is such a great guy we are meeting him almost 4 times a week to get him baptized by the 15th.
We did service for this less active she is 19 and she is starting to come to church. She is so funny and so is her sister, they had us over for dinner a few weeks ago and they are so nice! The oldest sister is also going to culinary school in august so we have a lot In common. We teach her once a week and she just is, so cute. I love teaching her and it’s a lot of fun watching someone’s faith strengthened!
So the two boys that we teach are so cute! They love the gospel so much, it’s hard to think that they are so young but so prepared! We gave them all CTR rings (thanks Grandma) and they loved them! They like to wear the mother Mary bracelets and they asked if we had something different for them to wear, ( so mom, will you look for something?) they were so full of joy when we gave them those rings, it was so cute! I gave their aunt, who is a member, my CTR necklace and she absolutely loved it! She is less active and she has really gotten into church with her nieces and nephews and it has been great to watch them change and her change to be way stronger in the gospel!
We taught a lady and her family and they have decided to be baptized all together on February 23!!! They are so cute, and so excited they want to get baptized as soon as possible. The daughter is a little bit more hesitant but she is getting there, we just need for her to get more involved in the lessons! She will come around. The LORD is in charge!
Its super difficult teaching kids but it’s a lot of fun too! You have to really teach to their understanding, so we do lots of activities and visual aids; it’s been a lot of fun to have this experience!
We had president interviews this week! President Castro’s opening remarks were a lot about companion ship unity. Even though I think Sister Hiatt and I get along really well, I’m not always going to have a companion that I get along with super well. The white handbook is super helpful in these situations, I have thought about the white handbook in the wrong way my whole mission, it’s not just a rule book but a guide book, and it’s really cool!
In my interview with President Castro told me that he does not know why heavenly father has chosen me to have two missions, but he does know that God knows what he’s doing. He kept on saying he knows I did not choose this situation, but he knows that I chose to go on a mission and serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and that’s what he sees me doing! He said that I might be here to gain experiences as a missionary so when I get to Brazil, I can be the best missionary I can be! He said I will train down there and be able to teach missionaries how to be a true missionary because I have been trained here! I love it here in California and I know I am here for a reason! I also have been really worried about the Portuguese language and he told me that if I study for an hour a day, when I get to brazil heavenly father will make it up to me.
It was a great interview and I truly love President Castro and the guidance he has given me this transfer!
We were visiting this man, who is super depressed, and we went to his apartment for a meeting and this member randomly pulled up and wanted to know who we were visiting in her neighborhood. We told her and she got a shocked look on her face and looked at me and said “scary man?” She called the cops on him last week, she told us that he would never come to church and never change, and told us to be careful. Well he came to church on Sunday; he is starting to look and feel better! This sister was shocked, she started to cry and apologized to us and it was great! Never underestimate the POWER OF THE LORD!
My studies have gotten so much better since my first transfer as a missionary; I have a new found love for the book of Mormon and the guidance it has given me in the past few weeks! I am loving my study of preach my gospel, and the Christ like attribute section and the teaching skills section, reading those sections has made me a better missionary and better person!
If you are struggling with the decision to go on a mission take my word for it; It is the best the hardest and the most rocken thing I have ever done in my life!
Thank you everyone who fasted for my visa! Thank you so much!
I Love you all
Sister Madyson Proctor
No comments:
Post a Comment