Monday, February 17, 2014

Third week in February

Hi everyone-

Sister Hiatt and I had a trial this week that definitely put our faith to the test.  We had set a companion goal to stay positive and we were definitely tried this week.

This week was also trying for a lot of people.  Our male investigator who so badly wanted to be baptized did not pass his interview.  It wasn't, just knowing that I would not get to see a baptism, it was watching his face when he found out we had to postpone.  We met with him and talked to him on the phone.  He has decided to take the positive outlook and not get mad at anybody and just work on himself, so that one day he can be baptized.  He did bring a friend to church on Sunday, and wants him to take the lessons.   He is really moving this work forward!

Mindy is going to be baptized this Sunday, if all goes well with the interview on Tuesday!  She has been amazing to watch.  I love watching the progress of really golden people, and I know the lord prepares them and they are amazing! I’m really excited mostly because she is so excited! I just love seeing someone truly prepared to enter the waters of baptism it has been an amazing journey with her! The lessons we have been teaching her have been great! She agrees with, and seems to understand everything we say, she keeps commitments.  She honestly believes and knows that this is the true church! She had a dream, and when she woke up she just felt this overwhelming feeling that she was doing the right thing, that this was the right church for her and her daughters, and that she should get baptized! It was great to hear her say all of these things! We had a little bit of an issue with her daughter who also wants to be baptized, but we had no idea that we had to get the fathers permission until this week.  We found out that he lives in Vermont; he is a maple syrup farmer and is there until July. We got it all sorted out. It was very scary for a second because her mom got stressed; she was worried that the dad would say no in spite of her!  We were so glad that it all worked out!

We are teaching this sweet older woman, she lost her husband 5 years ago.  She broke her hip a year ago, she is a drinker, but she desperately wants to quit.   We are working with her; she has decided to be baptized at the end of March.  We just need to work with her and help build her faith. She says she knows the book of Mormon is true, and she loves the story of the restoration, she is very lonely.  She said that she is ready to start working on herself.  She told us that she has been baptized multiple times into many different churches.  She says she just can’t seem to find a church that she feels like is true, until now.  This is the first time that she feels like this is something that she wants; she is feeling that this is the true church!

I have said this before, but this area has changed so much!  I know that being obedient and working hard, the lord will bless you!

My companion and I are getting along very well!  I just love her! We work hard and we teach with unity and we are good friends. I feel like we are a great companionship!

Even though this week had its ups and downs, it’s the ups that I choose to focus on. I am so grateful for all of the miracles I have gotten to see this transfer and even this week!

I forgot to write about the two boys, our children investigators.  They are our sweet less active member’s nephews and they are amazing! One of the boys wants to get baptized so badly! He is so cute; he loves everything that he learns.  He comes to church and reads his book of Mormon every day.  He strives to keep the commitments and we gave him a CTR ring and he wears it every single day! His mom said he can be baptized next month so we are really excited for him! It’s so fun just to see how God prepares even his children; it is just amazing!

I love you all
I would love some letters or even an e-mail

madyson.proctor@myldsmail.net
The Snail mail address is:
Sister Mady K Proctor
3301 West Gonzales Road,
Oxnard, CA 93036.

If you are struggling, know that the lord knows you and hears your prayers.



Sister Mady Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment