This week was a really good, we both worked hard and we found a lot of success this week!
We were able to meet with our new investigator, she is a dancer and an artist and she believes everything that we say, she says that she feels the spirit when we talk to her about the restoration. She was able to come to a baptism with us, and then to church! It was so great! She is really lonely. Her husband passed away a few years ago and she recently lost her house, this is the perfect time for her to accept the gospel!
We taught the kids the Word of Wisdom lesson, it was all going good until we found out that that the 11 year old is a big coffee drinker, that was a big shock to us! I guess that he has severe lung issues and coffee helps him breath. He said that he will stop, he wants to follow ALL the commandments.
We met with our committed investigator almost every day to prepare her for baptism. It was really great! She was so excited, she passed the baptismal interview and she bore us her testimony after! It has been truly amazing to watch her progress in just 6 weeks she is truly the elect and I’m so grateful that I got to see it before I left. Her baptismal service was super spiritual! My favorite part was getting a big wet hug right after she was baptized! It was amazing! She was so happy she could barely contain it! I had the opportunity to bare my testimony and feel the spirit so strongly! BEST MOMENT OF MY MISSION SO FAR, THE LORD IS SO GOOD!
This week we were able to connect with a less active family that we have been trying to connect for the whole transfer. They finally let us in! It turns out that the father wants his 7 year old daughter to take the lessons! They are the cutest family in the whole universe!!! The dad is such a good dad even though he is not interested at all in coming back to church he supports his children, its great!
Well this chapter on Agoura hills is closed! It has been a really good 6 months!!! I have seen so many miracles, I have seen people get baptized and I have watched an area completely change!!!! I’m going to miss this place a lot…but the lord wants me to work in Westlake so that, I will do! I’m going to miss Sister Hiatt, we got along super well and did extremely good work!!!
I can’t believe I am almost to my ½ way mark, it scares me to death! It’s been a blast here in Agoura Hills!!!
I will miss the people, but it’s time for me to go
Love you all Sister Proctor
No comments:
Post a Comment