Monday, February 10, 2014

week 2 in feb

Hello you all!

This week was amazing so many miracles! Sister Hiatt and I have been so busy that we haven’t even had time to think! It’s been great!

We had a lot of stuff happen this week!  One of our new investigators has been taught the lessons for almost 11 years, but he has now decided that he wants to be baptized on the 15, this Saturday!!! So crazy that this is happening! So to get him prepared we are meeting with him every day and teaching him again! He has been smoke free for 19 days now his record and it has really been nice to see him change!

We have had some really good lessons with one of our other investigators.  It has been great she is so prepared it’s crazy.  She is still not sure about some of the commandments, but her son Lucca told her that next month when he turns 8 he wants to get baptized.   We are hoping and praying that that will help her make that next step.   We had dinner at her home a big step, she made us empanadas and she really opened up about some of the things that she is going through and we were able to get to know her way better than we already did.  It’s crazy to see what 5 months can do to someone spiritually as they continually learn about the gospel.

We had exchanges on Wednesday I went with Sister Randall. It was different.  She has a different teaching style.

We taught this less active Chelsea she is really cool, we taught her follow the prophet and it’s cool to see her faith growing stronger and stronger as she learns more and more.

We had dinner with the stake president and his two kids, they are less active and the daughter’s boyfriend, it was amazing!  We taught a little bit about the restoration and one of the less active boys bore his testimony about the feeling that the boyfriend has when he is in the family’s home.   It was amazing the spirit was so strong and I feel like we helped make an impression in the boyfriends mind.   He really wants to learn more, he is just waiting for his girlfriend the daughter to feel more into learning more about the church with him.
We taught J this week, he is changing so much and he came to church.  He is meeting with us regularly he is praying and changing his thinking and he is slowly coming out of his depression, I love seeing how the gospel is changing his heart every time we meet with him! The lord works in amazing ways!

This week the Hermana’s gave us a referral for a lady they found.  We tried to visit her and she was not home, but later in the day Sister Hiatt and I both felt like we should try back.  We did and we caught her, she is super nice but very lonely! She invited us in and we introduced ourselves and she told us her story, she is excited to learn more and believes that the book of Mormon is true! Already! It’s great I love all of the blessings!!

We taught a sweet lady and her kids, we taught them at a member’s home.   They were able to feel the spirit, we taught them the gospel of Jesus Christ and at the end, the nine year old bore her testimony about how she knows that this church is true and how she is so excited to be baptized and have this in her life.   She said that she Is grateful for us and that we can teach her and answer all of her questions, it looks like her mom and her are going to be baptized on the 23rd of this month. Her oldest daughter, does not feel ready so she has decided to wait, it is really hard to watch her mom not understand why she doesn't want this, at first the mom wanted to postpone but on Sunday she told us she still wants to be baptized with her younger daughter and she will keep praying that her oldest daughter will change her mind.

Sister Hiatt and I are getting along great, we are learning a lot from each other and its building me as a person and teaching me how to handle different thing it’s been great!

I love Agoura hills and I love California I love being here and serving the lord and meeting all of these awesome people that teach me so much, I’m grateful for the experiences I have had on my mission so far and I’m excited for more!

Thank you all for support and prayers! Love you all!

I would Love to get LETTERS!!! Please write me I love to hear what’s going on in your lives.

Love Sister Mady Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment