Saturday, June 14, 2014
5/12/14
Hi all
This week was a really good week!
It started off with a lesson with M, he is so funny we taught him the Ten Commandments, he loves the movie the Ten Commandments so he was making references to that the whole time it was really quite funny. We have these cards that explain the Ten Commandments and every time he read them he was like, exactly! He just is so funny and is moving closer to his baptismal date he really does love the church and he is feeling like he belongs.
We set L our Jewish investigator with a date on Wednesday! We taught her about prophets and baptism and it took a little talking to but she agreed for July 5th! So that is exciting!
High priest night, on Wednesdays we go out with the high priest to visit their home teaching people, it is really fun and we got to visit with a few less active members and share something with them it is a really great program.
C is our new investigator, we found her knocking and she is super nice, she is going through a really hard time right now, she is looking for a church and she loves to talk about her problems, we are just getting to know her, we will teach the restoration to her this week it will be the best!
M we taught an awesome lesson to this week all about praying and reading the scriptures! He really makes the scriptures come to life and I love it! He was baptized a few years ago and is coming back to church with fire he loves it and calls us his sisters! It’s so cute!
So this week we get a call from our ward mission leader and he says that he has two people for us to teach! One has already read the book of Mormon and wants to get baptized it was awesome!
They came to church, 9 investigators to be exact and they all loved coming to church and the ward is just so awesome, we don’t have to worry about them because they just take out investigators under their wings and lead them to where they need to go.
J and B we set with a date! J is so cute and when we first started the lesson he said I think I’m ready to get baptized! He is so cute! He is 70 and just found out he has cancer; he is going through it very well.
J lesson we had an awesome lesson with her and we invited two member girls to come with us they cracked us up, of course we started with the law of chastity so that was an awesome subject to talk to an 11 year old about and then the word of wisdom.
It was such a good week, so much fun stuff happened! I got to talk to my family and it was amazing! I miss them so much and don’t realize it until I’m talking to them and hearing their voices then it hits! I do love my mission and I’m having a blast here in California!!!
Funny moment this week
I had to use the bathroom so bad so I had to ask a stranger if I could use their bathroom as we first were meeting her.... that was really awkward, but when you got to go you got to go, my parents know all about this!!!!
We were teaching a less active, his son was outside with a huge white rope exercising right outside the window without a shirt ... a little distracting…
We met a free mason, still have no idea what that means but he told us all about it and it left me with a bit of an icky feeling.
We were talking to this lady and she told us that she knows the truth about god the mother, that’s right, she believes in one god the mother, at least she believes in something.
Well that was my week love you all
Sister Madyson Proctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment