Saturday, June 14, 2014
6/09/14
Hi All!!
This week was so good!
A little funny, but we taught some great lessons and had a blast!
First we got an appointment with one of our former investigators, well he said the only way he would meet with us if we went on a dog walk with him and we could teach him a lesson by doing that. Well we started to talk to him and talk more about the gospel asking him questions, and he proceeded to take us on a two and a half hour walk in the wilderness with his dog. That was a sight to be seen two Mormon missionaries in skirts and Sunday shoes hiking while sharing the restoration. This was one of those I can’t believe this is happening, only on my mission moments.
We also taught this man named J he has been an investigator for a while he loves the church he loves everyone he knows it’s true but doesn't want to do anything about it. So our lesson with him was just trying to figure out how best to help him. This was a really good lesson, and now we know how best to help him progress!!! I love how the spirit is a constant in this work!
This week we also had an amazing lesson with P our recent convert and his family we talked about the priesthood and how important it is to us in our life! It made me think of how grateful I am to have a worthy priesthood holder in my life! It made me realize how much I love my dad and how he has always had his priesthood accessible to me. We shared the Mormon message sanctify yourself and it was probably the most spiritual lesson that I have ever had the privilege to be a part of. I LOVE MY MISSION!!! I LIVE FOR THESE MOMENTS!!!
We did a lot of service for a less active member whose pipes burst and she had to clean her house before she could call the land lord. Her house was so gross that she would have been evicted if he saw it! So we helped her with that which made me think of how grateful I am for my mom who made me do my chores and kept a very clean house and taught me to do the same. We were able to help her out we did her laundry and her dishes and cleaned and sanitized everything, so now it is good for them to get the pipe fixed. (EWE that was one of those times you are glad there are two of you.)
This week I don’t know why but I have been just noticing many little things that I have had in my own life and in the mission life that I am super grateful for and I think it has defiantly brought me closer to Christ in that aspect.
This week in my book of Mormon reading I have been reading in 3 Nephi when Christ comes again. I am so grateful for this part! It’s amazing how much Christ loves the people in the book of Mormon that he blesses each one individually! It’s so amazing!
This week really cemented my testimony on the power of the priesthood and prayer! I am grateful every day for my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be living my life for Christ right now!
Love you all!!
Sister Mady Proctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment