Monday, March 17, 2014

Green Week

Hi Everyone-

So this week was definitely a change!!!

My companion Sister Jackson went home on Wednesday. She had been out for three months; it had been a tough transfer. She had been having a tough time even before I became her companion. We both knew it was time for her to go home.

I was moved to Simi Valley California kind of a little bit of a culture shock but I’m getting used to it.  The ward is very nice and it’s the first time in a long time that the Simi stake has had sisters it has been for so long just elders…they just love sisters!
 So I have a new companion she is awesome she has helped me with a lot of things this week, and we have been able to do the work!

The lord is helping me feel love for the people I’m serving and for our investigators and members, it’s been really great! We have some really good investigators and have had some really good time because Sister Stoker and I have been pretty much white washing the area!  It’s been a really good and a kind of new experience for all of us.

I went on exchanges and they went really good, I was with Sister Bartchi. She was able to help me through some of the things I was going through and we just had a lot of fun doing the work it was really great.   We worked hard spoke in Spanish and Portuguese and saw a lot of miracles.

Being with the Hermanas has been really nice for my language, yes it’s a little different but it has also been super good, they know some of the rules that I don’t know so it’s been great to ask questions and speak Portuguese with them.  

I’m glad that all of these changes are happening and I’m learning from all of them, it’s been a hard two weeks but I’m grateful for Sister Stoker my companion. I’m grateful for this change in my mission it was much needed. I’m grateful that I always have the option to go to my heavenly father, he is the best source of comfort and information, and then my companion. I’m grateful that I’m learning this now half way through my mission, it’s been really good, and I know that I’m starting to heal because I can look back and see the changes that heavenly father wanted me to make.

I know that the lord gives us challenges to help us grow and looking back I’m so glad that I was able to have this challenge because it has strengthened my testimony and I love what it has helped me accomplish!


Love You All!!!
Sister Proctor

No comments:

Post a Comment