Monday, March 31, 2014

Hi everyone!

This week was a really good week!
Sister Stocker and I have gotten the hang of working together; we know how to work off each other and how to motivate one another which has been a really big strength for us as a companionship.

This week we taught a lot of lessons, we taught a returned missionary’s mom the lessons twice this week.  I was really shocked to hear that she has never really thought about any of the plan of salvation, which growing up in the church was really interesting for me because that’s what I know! I have grown up with that knowledge, she says it’s a good thought; we just have to keep working with her.

So we were taking a break and I was in the bathroom, I leaned over to grab my scripture case which was already deteriorating and as I picked it up it bit the dust!  YES!! My triple almost landed in the toilet.  It’s a good thing I have fast reflexes…yah right I was just super lucky.  I caught it and now I am case less.


We went on exchanges this week, another one; it has been a very weird transfer. Both me and sister Moure, who lives in the same apartment that I do, we both don’t drive, so in the morning it was so fun, we walked to appointments and tried to talk to people on the street, one of our investigators wanted to take us to lunch, we had an amazing lesson with her at the restaurant. The spirit was so strong and we were able to use the Book of Mormon to answer any questions that she had, it was really neat.  We met up with a future missionary she leaves at the end of April, but we became a tripan so we could drive places!  We went and taught a new investigator, he is in his 80s, he’s catholic, we have to shout the lessons to him, but he loves them, he came to church this week as well! It’s amazing you are never too old for the gospel!






While we were trackting we thought we knew where we were going, but alas we didn’t we got so lost that we ended up walking 5 miles instead of two blocks!! It’s all good!

We went to the women’s conference and it was amazing! It was exactly what I needed to hear!  We really need to be a covenant keeping woman and be nice and love everyone!

This week I got to meet the bass player for Panic! At the Disco.    Dallon Weekes he was cool.  I thought some of you might like to hear who I am meeting out here in Simi Valley.      

 Sister Stoker and I gave a talk in sacrament meeting.  My talk was on compassion and service, it was amazing to study for that and have the opportunity to share my testimony with the members!
We had a really good lesson with our new investigators! They were waiting for us with notebooks and all of the reading material that we have given them, we taught the restoration and they had some really good question and comments, and it was really good to be able to share this wonderful message with them!


This week has been amazing!
I hope you all are doing well!

Love Sister Mady Proctor


No comments:

Post a Comment