So this week was a learning experience and really good! I love these kinds of weeks, they make me grow and stretch so much!
On Monday we had the opportunity to teach a returned missionaries mother. He had just gotten home from his mission on Sunday and wasted no time in starting his mom off with the missionaries! Guess what? He served his mission in Portugal so he knows Portuguese! It’s so awesome!
She is really, really prepared, watching her son go on a mission has been a really good thing for her. It was a lot of fun to be able to teach her and invite her to take the lessons and learn more about the church. She is going to start lessons.
We have had some amazing lessons this week with our investigators, it has been so good. I am starting to feel more comfortable in this area so the work is getting a lot better. We have had many adventures trying to get to people who live inside these big ominous gates. It’s been great to see how the lord blesses his missionaries.
On Tuesday, we were able to get into every gate that we went to, to see the people that we were trying to see it was so great! Can you believe because of the gates opening we were able to find a new investigator and we have had two great lessons! I love miracles!
Me and sister stoker have started this new thing, we talk about different ways we have seen the lords hand in our life. We watch throughout the day and talk about them as they happen. It has really been so good for me! The lord has blessed us so much and it’s just super great!
Zone Conference was on Thursday. It was the best one I have been to! I loved how it was all about the Book of Mormon and how people find their faith in the church. They talked about how the Book of Mormon is our main tool for all that we do!
I have always known that the Book of Mormon was important, but it always has been in my life. I always had it, so I think I have always just taken it for granted. The Book of Mormon is the way to help people come unto Christ and join the church; they will get closer to Christ as they read it. I know this because I have witnessed this in my own life.
So Zone Conference was so good for me! I wrote down a lot of questions that I had that I wanted to have answered during the conference. They all were answered; it was the coolest thing ever!
This week has built my testimony so much of how I know that the lord watches over all of us and he is always there.
I feel like I’m not progressing in my language at all! This week was a little hard for me with the fact that I know that it’s not my fault but it still feels like I should know more, I mean I’m almost halfway through and I’m not confident at all! Another thing happened, at Zone Conference they said if you have faith and you want to have a scripture that will help and apply to you or to the person you are teaching, all you need to do is open to a random page in the Book of Mormon and he shall direct us.
So I did it and it worked! I read section 88 in the D&C and it addressed everything I was going through at this time, it was so good!
Sister Stoker and I are getting along so good! Even after everything that we have gone through these past two weeks, it’s great! She is so good at missionary work and working hard and she has a way with our investigators, even though we are white washing our area pretty much now, we really don’t know anything, so it’s been a learning experience for both of us!
So Elder Neilson is coming to the mission for a conference right after my birthday! How cool is that!?!? I’m super excited for it! I know it’s just going to be amazing and fun and great and I’m super excited! It’s going to be a good transfer!
I also get to go to the Temple for my Birthday!!! Can’t wait!!
Hope all of your weeks are great! Love you all!
Write if you can
Love Sister Madyson Proctor
No comments:
Post a Comment